Membership shall be open to all Scottish nationals and aero modellers resident in Scotland. This may be varied by the Council if still within objectives. A person shall be deemed a member, from the date of receipt of the appropriate membership fee by the Membership Secretary, or an officially appointed agent.
Latest News Dec 2013
Negotation with Perkins Slade for 2014 SAA Member Insurance has been concluded successfully
The Certificate and Policy details will be available on the documents page on this website soon
Get the best of both worlds. SAA membership / Insurance includes affiliation to BMFA in your membership fee and as LMA have the same broker a reduced LMA membership.
Fees for 2014 are as follows
- Full (Adult/Senior) £29.00
- Junior Membership £15.00
- Family Membership £35.00
- Family Junior (with above) £0.00
Membership grades shall be as follows:-top
Club members may join through an affiliated club. Each member will be provided with insurance. Each member will be provided with Newsletters direct.
This shall be available to members where membership through a club is impractical. Each member will be provided with insurance. Each member will be provided with Newsletters direct.
Junior Club Member
Members, who are under 18 years of age on 1st January in any membership year, shall be deemed to be a Junior Member. Conditions of membership shall be as for Members except for Fees.
Junior Country Member
Country Members, who are under 18 years of age on 1st January in any membership year, shall be deemed to be a Junior Country Member. Conditions of membership shall be as for Members except for Fees.
This shall be available to family members only, and shall provide for one full Membership and any junior memberships residing at the same address and joining through the same Club. Each family member so covered, will be deemed to have conditions applicable as per individual Membership. Family Membership fees will be 125% of the Membership fees.top
Fellow of the SAA
Bestowed by the Council for exceptional services to the aims of the Association. Fellowship may be bestowed at the AGM at the Council's discretion. The title is honorary.
- A club member may join the SAA through one affiliated club only, and shall be deemed to be a member of that club only for voting purposes.
- Membership fees shall be set at the Annual General Meeting and shall apply on the first day of January following the Annual General Meeting.
- Junior and Junior Country Membership fees will be 50% of the Membership fees. Family Membership fees will be 125% of the Membership fees.
- The membership year shall be a calendar year from the 1st January.
- Annual fees become due on January 1st. Members whose subscriptions have not been received by 1st of January will be deemed lapsed and uninsured. With effect from 31st January 1995, to avoid lapse in membership and insurance, members shall be able to renew any time on or after 1st November and be deemed fully paid up until 31st December of the succeeding year. Members renewing during this two-month period will do so at the existing annual fee. Members renewing on or after 1st January will do so at the new rate as fixed at the AGM.
- A member joining for the first time after 30th September shall receive membership from receipt until 31st December of the succeeding year.
- Club affiliation is open to all Scottish aero modelling clubs with a minimum SAA membership of five persons.
- Clubs are entitled to one BMFA (British Model Flying Association) Newsletter per issue and one BMFA rule book when published.
- For each affiliated club a fee will be sent by the SAA to the BMFA to give club affiliation to the BMFA. A representative of the SAA may attend BMFA meetings with the number of votes pro rata to the number of clubs affiliated. SAA members shall be entitled to the same conditions at competitions as BMFA members. Article 2 of the BMFA Constitution applies. (See below).
- Article 25 from the BMFA Constitution The Scottish Aeromodellers Association shall have one vote for each club affiliated to it in accordance with its Constitution and, for the purpose of ascertaining the number votes to which the Scottish Aeromodellers Association shall be entitled, the Treasurer of the said Scottish Aeromodellers Association, shall send to the registered office the BMFA, not later than fourteen days before the date of any General Meeting of the BMFA, a Certificate, signed by the Treasurer and the Chairman, certifying the number clubs affiliated to the Scottish Aeromodellers Association at the date of such Certificate.
- Where a local need exists, local clubs may set up an area of the SAA, to attend to local interests, particularly in competitions. Control of fees, Newsletter, etc. will remain under the control of the SAA Council. Each area will be responsible for its own constitution, which must not contradict the SAA constitution. Each area may elect one representative to sit on the SAA Council .
- By definition, there cannot be just one Area, as this would naturally be the whole of the Country.